Opt for automatic and pre-engineered fire suppression system designed by Ansul to protect areas associated with ventilating equipment including hoods, ducts, plenums, and filters.
The Ansul R-102 restaurant fire suppression system is ideal to be used in restaurants, hospitals, nursing homes, hotels, schools, airports, and other similar facilities.
The system protects auxiliary grease extraction equipment and cooking equipment like fryers, woks, and electric, lava rock, mesquite, or gas-radiant char-broilers.
The restaurant fire suppression system is a pre-engineered, wet chemical, cartridge-operated, regulated pressure type with a fixed nozzle agent distribution network. It is listed with Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL / ULC).
The system is capable of automatic detection and actuation as well as remote manual actuation. You can get additional equipment that is available for building fire alarm panel connections, electrical shutdown and / or interface, and mechanical or electrical gas line shut-off applications.
Specific temperature-rated alloy type fusible links allow the fire suppression system to detect automatically. These fusible links separate when the temperature exceeds the rating of the link, allowing the regulated release to actuate.
Check the system owner's guide that contains basic information pertaining to system operation and maintenance. Qualified individuals can opt for detailed technical manual, including system description, design, installation, recharge and resetting instructions, and maintenance procedures.
The system is installed and serviced by authorized distributors that are trained by the manufacturer.
The basic system consists of an ANSUL AUTOMAN® regulated release assembly which includes a regulated release mechanism and a wet chemical storage tank housed within a single enclosure. Nozzles with blow-off caps, detectors, cartridges, agent, fusible links, and pulley elbows are supplied in separate packages in the quantities needed for fire suppression system arrangements.
Additional equipment includes a remote manual pull station(s), mechanical and electrical gas valves, and electrical switches for automatic equipment and gas line shut-off. Accessories can be added such as alarms, warning lights, etc., to installations where required.
Additional tanks and corresponding equipment can be used in multiple arrangements to allow for larger hazard coverage. Each tank is limited to a listed maximum amount of flow numbers.
Wet Chemical Agent
- The extinguishing agent is a mixture of organic salts designed for rapid flame knockdown and foam securement of grease related fires. It is available in plastic containers with instructions for wet chemical handling and usage.
- The agent tank is installed in a stainless steel enclosure or wall bracket. The tank is constructed of stainless steel.
Tanks are available in two sizes: 1.5 gallon (5.7 L) and 3.0 gallon (11.4 L). The tanks have a working pressure of 110 psi (7.6 bar), a test pressure of 330 psi (22.8 bar), and a minimum burst pressure of 660 psi (45.5 bar).
The tank includes an adaptor / tube assembly. The adaptor assembly includes a chrome-plated steel adaptor with a 1/4 in. NPT female gas inlet, a 3/8 in. NPT female agent outlet, and a stainless steel agent pickup tube. The adaptor also contains a bursting disc seal which helps to prevent the siphoning of agent up the pipe during extreme temperature variations.
Regulated Release Mechanism
- The regulated release mechanism is a spring-loaded, mechanical / pneumatic type capable of providing the expellant gas supply to one, two, or three agent tanks depending on the capacity of the gas cartridge used. It contains a factory installed regulator deadset at 110 psi (7.6 bar) with an external relief of approximately 180 psi (12.4 bar). It has automatic actuation capabilities by a fusible link detection system and remote manual actuation by a mechanical pull station.
The regulated release mechanism contains a release assembly, regulator, expellant gas hose, and agent storage tank housed in a stainless steel enclosure with cover. The enclosure contains knock-outs for 1/2 in. conduit. The cover contains an opening for a visual status indicator.
It is compatible with mechanical gas shut-off devices; or, when equipped with a field or factory-installed switch and manual reset relay, it is compatible with electric gas line or appliance shut-off devices.
Regulated Actuator Assembly - When more than two agent tanks (or three 3.0 gallon (11.4 L) tanks in certain applications) are required, the regulated actuator is available to provide expellant gas for additional tanks. It is connected to the cartridge receiver outlet of the regulated release mechanism providing simultaneous agent discharge. It contains a regulated actuator deadset at 110 psi (7.6 bar) with an external relief of approximately 180 psi (12.4 bar). It has automatic actuation capabilities using pressure from the regulated release mechanism cartridge.
The regulated actuator assembly contains an actuator, regulator, expellant gas hose, and agent tank housed in a stainless steel enclosure with cover. The enclosure contains knockouts to permit installation of the expellant gas line.
- Each discharge nozzle is tested and listed with the R-102 system for a specific application. Nozzle tips are stamped with the flow number designation (1/2, 1, 2, or 3). Each nozzle must have a metal or rubber blow-off cap to keep the nozzle tip orifice free of cooking grease build-up.
Agent Distribution Hose
- Kitchen appliances manufactured with or resting on casters (wheels / rollers) may include an agent distribution hose as a component of the suppression system. This allows the appliance to be moved for cleaning purposes without disconnecting the appliance fire suppression protection. The hose assembly includes a restraining cable kit to limit the appliance movement within the range (length) of the flexible hose.
- Flexible conduit allows for quicker installations and the convenience of being able to route the cable over, under and around obstacles. Flexible conduit can be used as a substitute for standard EMT conduit or can be used with EMT conduit.
Flexible conduit can be used only with the Molded Remote Manual Pull Station.
Pull Station Assembly
-The remote manual pull station is made out of a molded red composite material. The red color makes the pull station more readily identifiable as the manual means for fire suppression system operation.
The pull station is compatible with the ANSUL Flexible Conduit.